Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Adventures


Things have been a little hectic lately because I've begun a new adventure.  My plan to blog more often hit a small speed bump when I had to pick up and move!

April 1st I went on an interview to cover a maternity leave at a high school in the northern Chicago burbs.  I got the job and shadowed for a day last week.  The teacher is fantastic and the students are just as awesome!  I packed, moved and started lesson planning all within a week.

I have 3 sections of Spanish 1 and 2 sections of Spanish 3 honors.  My first week consisted of 3 days at the end of this week.  It’s great to be back in my own classroom and I’ve really missed working with the same group of students every day!  I’ve even enjoyed writing my own lesson plans again.  I’m surprisingly excited about teaching the subjunctive to my Spanish 3 kids.  This is normally a difficult concept because we don’t really have anything like this in English, but I’ve done a lot of research and have been able to come up with some cool activities.

I’m currently living with a friend and it’s been nice to settle into a new place.  There are a few things I miss like cable, DVR and wireless internet, but I love sharing her Netflix account!  I’m diving into Parks and Recreation right now.  It’s been the great way to end my super relaxing day of doing nothing!  It’s been a nice change from working every weekend at BBW and then packing like mad.

Tomorrow is my 6 ½ mile run, which will be the longest I’ve done so far.  We’ll see how it goes.  2 weeks until race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment